How to Order Interpreting Services:
- Contact ASLI by phone at 212-477-0775 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Provide all details of the job, including date, time, place, contact person, name of deaf client, and type of event.
- A contract will be faxed or emailed to you. Once signed, simply return the contract and a confirmation will be promptly sent.
- After the job is finished, all feedback is appreciated.
- You will receive an invoice within seven business days, payable within thirty days.
General Policy Information
A minimum 2-hour interpreting charge applies to all assignments, with billing rounded to the nearest half-hour. Travel and special service fees may also apply.
Required Number of Interpreters: Due to the physically and mentally demanding nature of sign language interpreting, and in accordance with industry standards, two interpreters are required for most assignments that last over one hour. The exceptions are: medical appointments, legal assignments and some social work meetings. Only one interpreter may be necessary for these sessions, regardless of length.
Travel: There is no travel fee assessed for assignments in Manhattan. Assignments outside of Manhattan will accrue travel fees equal to the rate of hourly interpreting fees. All travel fees are established before the assignment is confirmed.
Special Services: For an additional fee, ASLI provides interpreters with:
- Less than three business days’ notice
- Same-day service
- Service during non-traditional business hours
All special service fees are established before the assignment is confirmed.
Cancellation: Advance notice of a cancellation is always appreciated as well as crucial to providing you with the most cost effective of services. However, advance notice is not always possible. If, after receiving the signed contract, you need to cancel your request, you may do so without charge as long as the cancellation is made in writing and received three business days before the scheduled service. Any cancellation made within three business days must be paid for in full.
If you have any other questions regarding Interpreting,
Please call us at (212) 477-0775 and we will be happy to assist you.